Thursday, May 19, 2016

Guest Designer - Samra Leshinski

It is time to introduce our Guest Designer for the current challenge.  Say hello and welcome to Samra Leshinski of Paper Talk with Samra who was the design team's Top Pick from the Boy oh Boy challenge.


"Hello, my name is Samra Leshinski and I live in Las Vegas, NV with my loving husband, son, and a variety of pets. I work full time and card making is my pastime addiction. I ventured into actual blogging and participating in challenges in April of 2014.

If I had to pick my favorite style that would definitely be Shabby Chic, but I try to have variety in my work. It makes me so happy to see big smile on someone’s face when they receive my handmade card. I am still learning a lot about all the different ways to create textures and details on the projects and am trying to have fun along the way.

I know that my card making is not going to change the world, but spreading a little joy here and there is one small step that I can take to make the world a better place."




"I would like to thank Linda and Design Team for this amazing opportunity and great honor.

When I started thinking trains, planes, automobiles, I asked myself: Why not a Hot Air Balloon??? So I went ahead and created a shabby chic card with a hot air balloon as my focal point.

I used lace ribbon; vellum doily die cuts; layer upon layer of distressed patterned cardstock from my stash; metal filigrees painted with white distress paint; bling and chitchat stickers. Making this card was like putting together pieces of a perfect puzzle. Everything seemed to fit together just right, at least to me…

I hope this travel themed card gives you additional inspiration for this amazingly fabulous challenge."


* * *

Samra has certainly treated us to a gorgeous shabby card featuring that fabulous hot air balloon and you will want to get all the details so head over to her blog by clicking here.  

We also hope you will think travel and create a project for our current challenge since you have until 11:55 pm EST on May 31.

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Samra. I love the hot air balloon for our theme, very creative! It's wonderful to have you here as our guest designer today! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful hot air balloon and the card is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us as a guest designer for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creation and such a beautiful take on the theme, Samra! Every detail is stunning. Congratulations on your Guest Designer spot! It is well-deserved. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are delighted to have you as our guest designer this week, Samra! Your creation is delightful. Love the soft shabby chic feel to it and the vellum doilies peeking out on the edges is a fantastic touch. Beautiful metal filigrees too! Thank you for providing such delicious eye candy for our visitors!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project, the air balloon has something magic, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your fabulous layers and textures, Samra!! You will definitely be brightening someone's day with this beautiful creation!!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete